Monday, September 20, 2010

Facelift for Salvaged

My sincere apologies for my absence on the Salvaged blog! My husband (Nathan) and I (Bethann) decided that we needed to makeover our apartment to a contemporary style from the country style we have known and loved that was passed down to us by other people when we got married over four years ago! Thus far, we have painted two rooms, steamed carpets, hauled out old furniture, bought & assembled new furniture, and are now in the process of picking out our accent fabrics!


We have made two trips to a WONDERFUL store called Ikea, purchased a completely new apartment of furnishings, and (without knowing what we were getting into) assembled them all in a span of three twelve-hour days! lol =D Yes that is right! It took three days, with barely any breaks, to complete our furniture assembly! However, I would like to say that we purchased a love seat, two seating chairs, a large bookshelf with workstation (Salvaged space), a wall mounted mirror cabinet, and a 118" X 74.5" wardrobe, plus of all the assembly for what we decided to put in the wardrobe (drawers, shelves, etc.). Lessons learned from this experience: hire someone else to do it when it comes to a large amount of Ikea furniture!

Our past week has been a blur, but in the long run it will be well worth it because we have maximized the space in our 600 sq. ft. apartment! Salvaged has more room than ever at my workstation and wall space for creativity to run free! I will post pictures of the completed apartment, but not until I have completed everything in the apartment, which will include curtains, duvet cover, headboard, artwork, and pillows. I am going to go have fun in the fabric store later this morning to start to find those fabrics!

We are not done with the renovation yet due to a hold up on our bathroom. While we were gone over Labor day weekend our landlords were so kind to install a new shower for us. However, it has taken much longer than anticipated, and we have to wait until it is completed so we can paint and get back to normal life! WHEW! That was quite the post! If you feel tired just reading about my week, my poor body feels 20 years older living my week! Whoever said you are not old at 26 did not do renovation at my age! I think it might take me a week or two to recover physically from this when it is finally finished!

Just a few teaser pictures for you of our process this week! ENJOY!
Right before painting
our horrible mess during this ordeal!
painting everywhere!
Ikea delivery!
Steam clean carpets
Some assembly required!


Our poor girls tuckered out from assembly!
Nathan with a power drill for the first time ever!
only had to attach the legs - way to go nathan!
The Magnificent Wardrobe (without its doors!)



No comments:

Post a Comment