Monday, September 27, 2010

Adventures in Drapery

This week I am beginning the interior decorating portion of our newly renovated apartment. I began my adventure this week with finding a magnificent pattern at JoAnn Fabrics that is loud and proud with all its colors! I am one for bold patterns and colors and feel as if many people shy away from such things. Yet, I think when you create a base with great colors such as grey, red and black, you can bring in all sorts of colors to accent with! I have never made drapes before, so this will be an experiment on my part! I believe they should be simple (as far as the window drapes are concerned), however, I have a little storage area above our fridge that I am covering with curtains and am going to experiment with mixing different fabrics and patterns to give it a unique look. I will most definitely post pictures when I have them completed!

The drapes I will be working on tomorrow are for our living room! I have not even found fabric for our bedroom or bathroom yet! My fabric swatches for the headboard were shipped today (very excited for them to come)! Once I figure out what our headboard will be covered in, then I can venture into making a simple duvet cover, finding fabric to compliment the headboard, and then make the curtains for that room! We are still not complete in our renovations due to a hold up on our bathroom! We are hoping to be able to paint it this week and begin feeling settled in to our new surroundings! Stay tuned for pictures of my adventures in drapery, headboards, and so much more!



BETHANN

No comments:

Post a Comment